Monday, February 22, 2010

You Tube

I love YouTube! Who doesn't? There is a lot of garbage out there, but that aside, the educational possibilities are endless. I can't imagine what is NOT on You tube. My son learns magic tricks on YouTube; I even learned how to fix a leaky faucet once. For all us visual learners out there, this site is very helpful and speaks our language.

This video about a famous flea market in Barcelona, Spain that I would like to visit someday. I chose to attach this video because my eighth grade is studying Spanish culture. Students love to see real examples of what they are learning. It speaks to their intelligences and they relate so much more easily to these mini virtual field trips.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching this video, too. And I was glad that I understood virtually all of it - my Spanish hasn't totally left me! This looks like a great video for your students to view. As you say, they will be able to relate to it. I like how all the people keep saying they like to go to the flea market because the things are cheap! Sounds good to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of using YouTube to teach Spanish culture. I am sure the choices are much greater now, but a few years ago I remember helping you look for a video about a Spanish celebration - it was difficult to find one.

    ReplyDelete