Monday, February 22, 2010

Voice Thread

http://voicethread.com/share/931166/



This program, Voice Thread, seems very useful because everyone can have a say in the conversation. It could be very validating, to shy people, who are reluctant to speak in front of others. If they don't feel confident about how their comment came out, they can just delete it and record as many times as necessary.

Using this in my class to hear my students speaking individually would be a great use of this program. As class sizes increase, we are going to have to get more creative in how we go about giving students the individual attention that they deserve.

I will admit though, that it has taken me hours to do this week's assignments. For one, I had to figure out how to record because my microphone settings had to be changed not only in my computer's preferences, but in the program (Voice Thread's) settings. My 11 year old son had to help me, because I am not even sure which user name they were referring to when I was trying to post. I still have a lot to learn to become tech savvy. Once you get going in voice thread, though, it seems pretty easy to use.

The 25MB maximum video size was a deterrent to me uploading a video that I wanted to post, so I opted for a still image. I still need tech. some help to resize a video, making it web friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Your VoiceThread example is excellent. I imagine that this tool would be a great resource in a World Language class - I can see lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete