Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shopping Web 2.0 Tools "Thing 12"

Many of the tools available seemed to be the same or similar to the ones I found on Mash Ups, but I did discover some new things:
  • PollDaddy could be used to survey my students on projects to find out if my "bright ideas" were really that all that great.  
  • Blabberize looks like a ton of fun to grab the attention of my students to introduce a lesson.  I tired it, but my microphone won't record for some reason.   I'll have to try again from another computer later.
  • Quizlet is great for students to create and share their own quizzes and flashcards.  
  • ToonDoo looks really interesting for students to create scripts in Spanish to practice dialog without getting hung-up on spending so much time on the artwork.  The only problem is that it does take a while to get to know the program and all of the options that are available.  I tried to make a cartoon and discovered that I could not write with Spanish punctuation or letters.  On second thought, this won't work for my students, but would be fun for art students.
There are so many possibilities to integrate technology into my lessons and to make them more engaging.

1 comment:

  1. I tried ToonDoo in the past and have the same feelings as you - it takes some time to get to know the ins and outs of what to do. I tried Pikistrips...this seems easier to me.

    ReplyDelete