Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Flickr uses in Wlang

After creating an account on Flickr I browsed around various groups and searched for subjects incorporated in units that I teach for Spansih.  I found some very beautiful, culturally diverse images.  When I did a search for "Madrid", I found some great images that I could use in a lesson.  I did a search for "corazon" (heart in Spainish) and some pretty creative images came up, like a bite out of an apple in the shape of a heart.  When I searched for some images to share with my photography class, I found some awe inspiring images too.  It's great to be able to tap into talent from around the world - Yay!

The most frustrating part of this photo sharing site is the amount of time it takes for the page to load when trying to view a full size image - boo...thumbs down!  Anyone who knows me knows that I move fast and don't have time to sit around wait for pages to load.

Since my home computer's hard drive just died, I could not upload any picutres to back up to flickr, ironic, no?  I will get the technical problem resolved and back up some of my images to flickr.  I just hope it doesn't take forever.  I'm thinking that since there are at least four ways to upload, one of those ways is faster than the rest.  If anyone out there knows which faster, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Flickr--proving there are better images out there than can be found through Google Images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try using Flickr at school...it might be faster for you. I know you have uploaded photos to the web before - which program(s) did you use?

    ReplyDelete